Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Quick List of Helpful Government Websites
We have been closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 – commonly referred as COVID-19 or Coronavirus. In addition to social media, there are a number of government agencies and news organizations providing around-the-clock coverage of and information related to COVID-19. Frankly, the acceleration of events throughout the country and the amount of coverage of COVID-19 may make many feel overwhelmed, unsure how to proceed, and not know where to quickly find government-source information.
The following is a list of some of the federal and North Carolina state and local government websites that we are monitoring that may help the Northeastern North Carolina community and businesses stay current on COVID-19 developments relevant for our area, and make decisions to navigate the challenges created by the COVID-19 emergency. This list is not exhaustive of all the government information that is available, but it provides a quick starting place to find government information relevant to COVID-19, government declarations and orders, and government recommendations that may guide difficult decisions.
- For general information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- For the CDC’s general situation summary of COVID-19 and how CDC is responding to the disease: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- The CDC provides a summary of COVID-19 in the United States that includes useful information that is updated during weekdays: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
- The CDC’s “Schools, Workplaces & Community Locations” provides current Community Mitigation Plans that could help inform decisions and identify specific communities in the United States where transmission of COVID-19 is widespread: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services provides a summary of North Carolina’s response to COVID-19 that also has a link to the current numbers of positive cases in North Carolina (“COVID-19 Case Count”) with a map showing each county: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina
- For information from Northeastern North Carolina local public health departments provided through Albemarle Regional Health Services (Pasquotank, Perquimans, Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Gates and Hertford counties): http://www.arhs-nc.org/information/COVID-19/
- Dare County Health and Human Services: https://www.darenc.com/departments/health-human-services/coronavirus
- For information about current travel restrictions, the U.S. Department of State, Information for Travelers: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html
The team of Hornthal, Riley, Ellis & Maland L.L.P. is ready to evaluate your situation, and advise and assist you in protecting your family, business, and workforce during this unique and challenging time. Given the evolving nature of the situation, we encourage you to contact a member of our team with questions about a specific situation. Our offices are continuing to remain open on our usual schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.